Some things I’ve learned on the trail:
- Social media is a curse and a blessing–it connects and maintains friendships across long distances,
- but it also isolates people into their screens and removes the face to face and in the moment contact that humans need as social animals
- Gratitude is a powerful motivating force, required to fuel the desire to persevere.
- Gratitude and joy for one’s own accomplishments
- Gratitude and appreciation towards those around us for their kindness and support
- And for all the coincidental and unexpected gifts, for the unwitting angels, as well as the purposeful, powerful forces that move people to joy and kindness.
- Trying new things and persisting makes strangeness and discomfort slowly wear away.
- You don’t know what you can do till you try
- You also needn’t be afraid to ask for help, while trying to get yourself steady on your own two feet
- Speaking of feet, putting one foot in front of the other, not overwhelming with the bigger picture can make big problems seem manageable
- While big pictures and dreams are meant to motivate one to start taking those little steps
It feels like yin and yang, with good and bad mixed together.
And what I have learned is that, there is no such thing as perfect, but you are perfect, just the way you are.